A global HRIS project has been initiated in 2014 and solely deployed in 2 countries by 2016), covering a very little numbers of employees. The functional and geographical scopes are limited to very basic core HR (hire to Termination) and to 2 countries, far away from what was expected and submitted in the Business case.
The objective of the HRIS diagnostic was to have a clear and complete understanding of the HRIS project situation (geographical and functional scope, positives and negatives) and to propose a pragmatic action plan (quick and medium wins) and options to put the overall HRIS project back on track.
Provide a project management and HRIS expertise to drive the HRIS review, supported by the internal HR management team.
The HRIS expert supported and drove through the data collection (documentation review and interviews), the analysis of the collected material and the recommendations about the HRIS transformation project, aligning with the business existing and future requirements, respecting your culture, your organization and your budget.
The review is divided in Work Packages (WP) :
- WP1 – Interviews and data collection
- WP2 – Analysis and synthesis of the outputs
- WP3 – Recommendations and action plan
Propose a pragmatic and ambitious action plan :
- Go for a “Big bang” deployment focusing on the Core and Absence, followed right after by talent, Perf and advance Compensation
- Better support HR team, managers and operations, providing better reporting, simplified business processes and by increasing the level of support (user guides, local key users when possible (level0), then SSC (level1))
- Core project team is in place (Sponsor, Project Manager, Functional Lead)
- Steering Committee is in place (engage with key business stakeholders)
- Subject Matter Experts are selected and engaged (Good practice is to select the best people and backfill their daily position with CW)
- Monthly call with the HR community is in place
- Business Case and CAR are ready
- Change management strategy initiated, including country manager update
- Get prepared for GDPR
- Communicate and engage with Work Council (Germany and France in priority)
- Activate the project governance bodies (planning, risk register, budget tracking, steering committee, …)